This section will provide you all the necessary support for our products, through a complete list of questions and answers.
Q1: I installed FlightPlan, but when I press the button to execute Map Source, it shows the following message, "Map Source not found".
A1: The program executes directly the data file and not the program itself in order to load directly the flight plan.
This inconvenience can happen when the Map Source installation did not create a link between the program and the .mps type file.
To check it, double click on a .mps type file.
If you do not have a .mps file, you can create it directly from Map Source or FlightPlan, saving the flight plan as a Map Source type file.
In this case, after double clicking on the file, Windows will open a window to choose the program you want to use to open the file.
Select Map Source and click on the check button to alway use the selected program to open the .mps kind of file.
The file will open directly in MapSource. Afterwards it will function correctly from FlightPlan too.
Q2: How can I open directly the .pln file in FlightPlan?
A2: After double clicking on the .fpl file, Windows will open a window to choose the program you want to use to open the file. Select FlightPlan browsing the directories and click on the check button to alway use the selected program to open the .fpl kind of file. The file will open directly in FlightPlan.
Q3: How to create a Shortcut on my desktop?
A3: Execute the step below:
- 1. Place you cursor on an empty area of your desktop.
- 2. Right click and select: New > Shortcut
- 3. A shortcut wizard will open up.
- 5. Type in a name for the shortcut that will help you remember what it is for.
- 6. Once you have entered the new name, click finish.
- 7. You are already done! That's all there is to it! Now when you want to bring up the site you visit frequently you can simply double click on the new shortcut on your desktop!
Q4: How can I print the Flight Log in a smaller format (A5) for the kneeboard?
A4: In your printer Properties dialog box select the "2 pages per sheet" option.
Q5: How can I install Flight Plan or Metar Reader on Mac?
A5: You should execute the following steps.
1. Install Parallels Desktop on your Mac.
2. Create a virtual machine using the wizard. By clicking New in the File menu, you open the wizard for the machine creation.
3. Choose the version of Windows to be installed.
4. IMPORTANT: when the wizard asks the type of virtual machine to create, choose "Custom".
5. Install the Windows operating system as if it were a PC.
6. Once completed the Windows installation, download and install the
.NET Framework 2.0.
NB: if you install Windows XP SP1 should be installed the Windows Installer 3.0, from the
(bottom of the page, file name WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe).
If you install XP with SP2 you don't need to install the Windows Installer.
7. Copy the program folder on the virtual machine and the game is done.
8. OPTIONAL: Install Parallels Tools (from the Parallels virtual machine menu) to share files between Mac and PC. In the same configuration menu the application sharing between two computers should be checked. In this way, for example, by clicking on the Google Earth button within Flightplan, the program installed on the Mac will open, so there is no need
to install Google Earth on Windows.